Digital mixers from Behringer’s family X32 and X Air are equipped with more than 60 high quality effects which can be assigned to any channel.
- Hall Reverb reproduces the sound like it was recorded in medium to large size hall.
- Ambiance Reverb aims to form the illusion of a room’s acoustic ambiance. They are usually very short and discrete.
- Room Reverb is the most basic type of reverb which gives a natural color and liveliness to a sound.
- Chamber Reverb is simulating reverberation of the chamber which made out of brick, stone, concrete or some other solid material.
- Plate reverb is one of the first types of synthetic reverb developed. It is excellent for adding brightness to an instrument.
- Vintage Reverb is inspired by the Universal Audio EMT250 FX unit.
- Vintage Room Reverb reproduces room reverb which is inspired by Quantec ORS FX unit.
- Gated Reverb is a combination of reverb and gate. It allows you to limit the tail of reverberation and cut it at a certain point. Great for drums.
- Reverse reverb also called reverse echo effect, will simply take the reverb tail of audio signal and reverse it. Really cool effect, but tricky for live performance. Read more about reverb settings for vocals.
- Stereo Delay gives individual setting of left and right echo time and low/high pass filters. Using the stereo delay will provide you with wide sound in the stereo mix.
- Triple Delay, also known as a 3-Tap Delay, will provide you with three delay steps with individual controls for frequency, gain, and pan.
- Rhythm Delay, same as 3-Tap Delay, will provide you with individual frequency, gain, and pan controls but with four delay steps.
- Stereo Chorus can make a single audio input sound like two sounds being played simultaneously. It will add a rich, sparkling quality to your sound.
- Stereo Flanger produces sound by mixing two identical signals together and simulates phase shifting.
- Stereo Phaser is filtering a signal by creating a series of peaks and troughs in the frequency spectrum which makes a sweeping sound.
- Dimension C is based on Roland Dimension D which lightly detunes audio signal, blends it with the primary and makes some kind of fat but bright sound.
- Mood Filter is motivated by the MiniMoog and usually used to imitate the real sounding of acoustic instruments. This filter has an LFO generator. Read about what the HPF setting is for.
- Rotary Speaker imitates the sound of a legendary Leslie rotating speaker creating a psychedelic sound.
- Tremolo/Panner will manipulate your signal’s volume and pan and modulate your sound with speed, phase, wave, and depth controls.
- Suboctaver will mix the input signal with a synthesized signal which musical tone is one or two octaves lower. Can make your kick sound really big and powerful.
- Wave Designer is a great effect for setting signal dynamics.
- Precision Limiter will reduce the dynamic range of a signal that passes through it. It will completely prevent a signal from going over a specified level.
- Stereo Imager is usually used to manage the position of the audio signal in the mix.
- Edison EX1 is a simulation of Behringer Edison EX1 Stereo image processor.
- Sound Maxer inspired by Sonic Maximizer 482i will make your signal become more powerful, brighter and louder.
- Dual Graphic EQ/ Dual Tru EQ/ Stereo Graphic EQ/ Stereo TruEQ
- Dual deEsser/ Stereo deEsser will help you reduce excess sibilance from vocals.
- Stereo Guitar Amp/ Stereo Guitar Amp will simulate the sound of an audio signal plugged into a real guitar amplifier.
- Stereo Tube Stage/ Dual Tube Stage simulates a diversity of modern and classic tube preamps.
- Dual Pitch Shifter/ Stereo Pitch will change your original pitch.
- Stereo Xtec EQ1/ Dual Extec EQ1
- Stereo Xtec EQ5/ Dual Xtec EQ5
- Stereo Combinator/ Dual Combinator
- Stereo Fair Comp/ M/S Fair Comp/ Dual Fair Compressor
- Stereo Leisure Comp/ Dual Leisure Comp
- Stereo Ultimo Comp/ Dual Ultimo Comp
- Stereo Enhancer/ Dual Enhancer
- Stereo Exciter/ Dual Exciter
- Delay + Chamber
- Chorus + Chamber
- Flanger + Chamber
- Delay + Chorus
- Delay + Flanger
Check out my post on using effects on the Behringer X32